Q1 Tech Team reflection

Over the 1st quarter I have done many projects. Beyond helping people with the simple computer problems that they have I have worked towards other activities. One was discovering the inside of an Apple tower and an Apple monitor, by prying open the soon to have been recycled and finding different components on the motherboard. Finding fans in the different towers I decided I was going to try my hand at soldiering again. img_4322 The first fan worked, a happy cheer erupted, and then the wires were switched accidentally when seeing if it would work again. The fan twitched, then smoked, then never worked again. After getting fans to work we moved onto disassembling broken net books and creating a net book without a casing just for fun. img_4325-1 Thinking about the future, I hope to use two large fans I found and make a hovercraft with some mobility using old computer batteries and either cardboard or plastic shell. Hence, expanding from soldiering to 3D printing or laser cutting. img_4324

As for the Fairview advantage I believe I have used create, innovate, investigate, collaborate, communicate, and solve problems. Create and innovate going hand in hand with creating the desk fan, which is soon to be a hovercraft. Investigating occurred when I short circuited the fan and realized what went wrong. I had to work with others on some of my projects and so communication and collaboration were key.