Democracy in Action 2nd Quarter

Zack VZ
Ms. Keener
AP Government
23 January 2017
Democracy in Action 2nd Quarter
Over the quarter, I went to a Shade Tree Committee meeting. The meeting was for a discussion on the city’s tree plans. I was there to give a presentation for my Eagle Scout project. My project is to plant trees around the Bain Park pavilion for a reforestation project. The committee listened to my project and gave their opinions and recommendations for tree species and where to plant the trees. After my presentation they discussed the plan from 1995 to plant 3000 trees down a multitude of roads in Fairview park. Then they discussed the christmas tree ideas for Bain Park gazebo. After that the meeting was concluded with a quote from Thomas Jefferson on trees.
This committee meeting holds small value to the booming government but still has its importance. Mike Varga, the Assistant Service Supervisor of Fairview, third powerful of the service department, was a member of the committee. This event was clearly for local government as it was tree planting in the city of Fairview. I learned that Fairview made a plan to plant 3000 trees throughout the city, yet has not finished that promise at this time. This event tells me that the government is broken into many different pieces, each with varying amounts of value.