AP Research Post 1/3

The process of picking a research topic was a struggle. In all honesty, even a topic I thought I loved came to be something I regretted choosing after spending almost a year with it. The largest thing to tackle was finding a topic that met three criterion: relevant, something I care about, and something I wouldn’t get tired of after a year. I knew from the start I wanted to do something dealing with LGBTQ+ equality, and eventually I landed on the issue of LGBTQ+ representation in television. One thing I would change about how I did my data collection would be doing the survey and the content analysis at the same time rather than doing them separately. It would have saved me a lot of time if it hadn’t been suggested that I not do them at the same time. As a result of doing them separately, I ended up falling really behind in the class as a whole. Making this change would’ve improved the class as a whole for me because I could’ve been on track with everybody else and had important peer review help that I missed out on because I was so behind on data collection. I probably could’ve also collected more data if I had had more time to collect that data.