[AP Research] Strategies & Scenarios

[post three] One strategy that I used during class to manage my time wisely and finish a task/goal was to set twenty minute timers and fully focus on working for those minutes. Then, I would take a minute to break and begin the timer over again. Another strategy was listening to music while working, because I have found that looping certain songs allows me to remain concentrated on whatever task I have to complete. When I originally wrote my literature review for the conventional fertilizer project, I listened to the same song on repeat for a while and effectively wrote an in-depth and scholarly sounding section. Although, in the end, I changed my project and did not use that lit review.

There were several scenarios where I could have managed my time better. Often, I was up at late hours finishing pieces of my project, especially during the week before submission. Regarding switching my project, I should have started reconsidering my topic earlier and asked for help in developing a stronger, new topic. I have certainly learned from these situations that procrastination only leads to stress and less than ideal work, and I will consider this during future research endeavors. However, it is unlikely that I will stop procrastinating indefinitely.