Defining Self Reflection

During a recent project in my English class, we explored the concept of theme, as well as many writing strategies that authors use to enhance their work. As a final product, I created a personal narrative that describes an important event in my life. I chose to write about an incident that occurred when I was in first grade that taught me that I don’t have to be perfect. I feel that my narrative was fairly well composed, and I am really proud of the way that I ended the story. As I was writing my narrative, I found that the writing stations that I completed in class were very beneficial to my final piece. Peer editing was also an important checkpoint, because my parter pointed out that my story changes tenses back and forth. Fortunately, I was able to fix that error. This project included several of the Fairview advantage skills, such as communicate, create and reflect. This is because I created a piece of writing, communicated with my peer editor, and reflected on how I felt that I did. You can access my personal narrative by with this link. I hope that you are able learn as much by reading my story as I did experiencing it!